Short Run Card Mailing
- Insertion of folded paper with plastic cards attached into envelopes for distribution.
- Variable thickness with no adjustment – 1 to 4 cards (randomly) intermixed – C-fold, Z-fold, Teslin cards.
- Z fold carrier presents feeding challenges as open edge leading has tendency to strip open edge back.
- Plockmatic Feeder would not feed variable thickness carriers (1 to 4) on Z folded carriers well.
- Fiserv senior management were resolute in the need to feed from 1 to 4 cards per carrier in intermixed stacks.
- Application was for short run jobs of less than 1000, these were currently inserted by hand.
- Job set up had to be within 3 minutes.
- Throughput target of 360 inserts per hour.